Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Egg on Your Face, Book?


This just in :

Facebook Does About-Face on Privacy Change

As a side note, this blog was hacked after the last post. I have no confirmation (hint / hint : Google could apologize) , but I suspect that some dork was offended by what I posted and flagged it as objectionable, and Google pulled it to check it out. People coming directly to the page saw the title and sidebars, but a blank instead of the post.

I was able to view both, and grabbed the sources. I have a copy of the hypertext used to blank out the page (the feed was redirected to a null). Web censorship at its sneakiest.

Maybe I will switch my blog to Wordpress. I have already changed my Firefox default search engine to Yahoo, and I located the hack that allows changing Safari's default. Apple deserves a raspberry for hardcoding Google as Safari's default search engine.

You can't stop Google. It is everywhere, probably even under your bed. If I can get off my lazy streak, maybe I'll do something to slow down their drive for world domination.

No comments:

Post a Comment