Tuesday, July 01, 2008

The Illegal One Has an Idea

The system is down here at work, so I'm grabbing a quick opportunity to post.

What if gummint workers were required to pay into Social Security. "Whazzat?", you say. Yep. Congresscritters and all other forms of gummint life pay into separate gummint pension plans. What if they had to live like the peasants, and pay into Social Security? Maybe Social Security would be more viable? Maybe the Congresscritters would be more serious about how they treat it?

It IS a tax, you know -- FICA. Why should gummint people be exempt from a tax?

Of course, I'm not running for Congress, and even if I got there, there would be nothing I could do about the situation except make speeches for C-SPAN.

3 comments:

  1. Got payed lately, did you? I personally like to pounce just as brand new "workers" get their first paycheck and point out all the taxes, etc that they are paying and what they could have done w/ that money. I've won more than a few converts to fiscal responsibility that way...
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. i dunno.... "gummint" sounds an awful lot like "varmint"... you implyin' somethin' there?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not imp lyin' about nutthin. I'm not running. What does implode sound like?

    GJ

    ReplyDelete