Wednesday, July 16, 2008

In Hot Water Again...

The part for the water heater arrived after I got home from work. From what we were told, DHL couldn't find our house. I was up in the garden when I saw the yellow and red truck drive away. The driver left the box out front -- didn't knock, didn't make any effort to let us know the part had arrived.

I assembled the unit (had to reuse the orifice from the old one; it was the only part they didn't replace), installed it, and turned the heater back on. Hot water. We take it for granted. It is a true mark of an advanced society.

I think I'll go take a hot shower.

2 comments:

  1. I ask God to bless the inventor of hot showers every time I take one. There is nothing better....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't believe Whirlpool made you fix your own. Some warranty. They should have given you an entire new unit and taken the old one back.

    Also can't believe they use DHL for their domestic shipping. Everybody knows DHL is great for overseas, but to use UPS, FedEx, or USPS for domestic shipping.

    Funny, the icemaker on our Whirlpool fridge has been giving us fits. Keeps getting jammed and such. Remind me never to buy another whirlpool product as long as I live (same goes for GE products). -hp

    ReplyDelete