Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Only 5% Guilty...

I really do get a kick out of some of these stories. It gives you a peek into unvarnished human nature.

Small Romanian Town Gets Rich Through eBay Scams



Notice that the thing that draws the victims in is a chance to get around the rules. This is nothing new; the Nigerian 419 scams were around even before there was a World Wide Web -- back in the days of text-only browsers and email.

So I got curious and decided to check out what was going on in the heart of Darkest Africa. (Every now and then I still get a 419 come-on in my SPAM box). Wudjano, there is a site called 419Eater!!

This almost looks like fun to my slightly twisted mind, but I really do have better things to spend my time on. Reading it might be instructive, though for Internet Innocents.

Careful there, kiddies; this may be a job for Superman.

No comments:

Post a Comment