Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Wishing You a Prosperous 2008

So 2007 is a year in our past. I remember when it was only a year in science fiction.

Jim Jr. says I need to stick around another 30 years or so. We'll see. I wonder what the year 2037 would be like? Would stem cell transplants be available to rebuilt worn out body parts? Would selective memory wipes be available to make room for new neural associations ( while keeping the best memories of the past)? Will there be human colonies on the Moon or Mars? Will Jesus have returned, or will He be waiting until He can actually call His Chosen from the farthest parts of the heavens?

I keep reading obituaries of people in the 50-59 year old range, and I count myself fortunate to have seen the dawn of 2008. Will I celebrate New Years 2009? Only my Maker knows for sure.

There is always the factoid that very few people over 100 years old die in a given year.

Enjoy your New Year. I have serious doubts that parallel universes exist, or that it would be possible to transition between them, or that time travel to the past is even possible, so keep moving forward. Despite the fact that evil men and seducers will always become worse and worse, keep trying to make this world a better place for the next generation.

So for my part, I planted a plum tree today [snuck it in before the ground freezes up, as it is scheduled to do overnight]. Maybe I will live long enough to make some slivovitz. We can have a party : kobasa and slivovitz. And don't tell me I should spell it "kielbasa". Uncle Sam's and Cousin Jaroslav's recipes are nothing like the recipes I see for "kielbasa". (That's Polish sausage -- full of black pepper. I want stuff with spicy paprika). They are more like Bako Jeno's salami. Or Al's. And if you party with that stuff, the world will always be a better place. Or so it will smell.

Pozdravy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment