Friday, January 25, 2008

Another Farewell

I last saw Bob in 2004, at his mother's funeral, at the calling hours. It had been over 35 years since we had seen each other last. The photo was taken as we were returning from a hike to the lake; Bob was watching the softball game in progress. For that matter, I don't think I've seen Dennis since that summer in '64. The last time I saw Ed was bout 1970, and he's my second cousin (Aunt Annie's grandson). We do lose touch with people.


"Robert L. Haley I, 59, went home to be with the Lord January 15, 2008. Bob was born in Akron to the late Ruth and Thomas. He was a 1966 graduate of Kenmore High. He served in the Marines from 1969 to 1971. He was father to Robert (Debra), and Michael (Gucela); brother to Julie, Lilly, and Thomas; loving husband to Beth. Family will receive friends 6 p.m. Saturday, January 26, 2008 at The Chapel, 135 Fir Hill, Akron, with a memorial service at 7 p.m."

1 comment: