Sunday, September 10, 2006

Does a sane person blog?

So ---

Why am I doing this?

Maybe because I am the incarnation of Walter Mitty? It amazed me that James Thurber could look inside my head. Consider for a moment : a mere kid of 12 going on 13, struggling [well, that may be literary license since I don't really recall struggling in school due to the fact that I never really put forth much effort in those days ] through the eighth grade, discovers that a stranger has peeped inside his fantasies. I identified immediately with Walter Mitty; he was me.

So now you know. I always wanted to be the hero. Maybe because, more often than not, I ended up being the goat. Ah, well, time is the great warper of universes. After seven children ( for whom I was the hero early on and the goat as they grew older and wiser) and five grandchildren ( for whom I am still the hero, but just barely -- I'm losing it again, I think ) I can see more clearly that life is a great cycle. Dust to dust, ashes to ashes, hero to goat. Yes. I finally discovered that all goats are heroes in disguise.

Therefore, I am about to bore the world with my ravings, and long after I achieve ultimate goathood, I can be looked upon as a hero, for my digitized brain waves will reverberate on the mental shores of far-flung crania when all that I now am is worm food.

Wow. That was fun. I think I'll enjoy entering the 21st Century. I hope you have as much fun watching my mental train jump the tracks as I do.

Here's an oldie for starters :

---------------------------------------------------
-----Items below rated "R"; parental discretion advised----
---------------------------------------------------
"I have an excuse : all of my ancestors were teenagers..."
---------------------------------------------------
From the sayings of Grampa Jim, Copyright 2003.
Unauthorized use of my stuff may cause senility.

1 comment: