Monday, August 13, 2012

Ends and odds

Time for some random rambling. Which, as I have maintained before, is not a realistic way of examining reality. See. Circular logic is not authentically logical. What we call randomness is probably a manifestation of dill pickles (or something similarly rotten) floating in hot chocolate. Are you sick to your stomach yet? If not, a bit of circularity might help push you into the sink.

Item. Today was Dad's birthday. Had he survived dying, he would have been 98 years old. Two weeks from now is Uncle Emil's birthday; he would have been 101. Uncle Mike would have been 99 back in April. I miss those old geezers.

Item. There was a rebuttal letter in the Norton Post this past weekend from the Medina County Auditor, Michael Kovack, in response to a letter last week. The former letter, by James Navratil, the Sharon Center real estate broker and developer, had blasted Kovack's office for being one of six Ohio County Auditors (out of 88) which did all its property valuation in-house rather than using "professional appraisers". Kovack stated in his reply that no Ohio Auditor used such appraisers. I suppose the 21 months I spent commuting to Geauga County for the 2011 reval was a figment of my imagination. When I showed the clipping of the article to the boss, he simply laughed and said that Kovack was clueless.

Item. My reverse osmosis system is now set up and putting out almost chemically pure water. Time to start buying electrolyte supplements to replace the minerals that have been removed? Americans are weird, sir.

Item. JAMEZ3 gave his grandpa a container of cherry tomatoes which he grew from plants he got from Grandpa Jim. They were a tasty sample. (That was an Uncle Mike-ism.)

Item. A few more family members seem to be bailing out of Facebook and going back to blogging. Good for them. Unlike them, I don't think I want to make this blog private, since I would probably end up talking to just myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment