Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Those Involuntary Twitches

It is somewhat embarrassing to have to admit that the old grey mare just ain't what she used to be. There was a time when my pulse was normally a steady 60-65 and I could count time on it. Not any more. The metaprolol keeps it from racing off the charts, but I can't manage 60 too often any more, and the worst part is the irregularity. I can never tell when it is going to do a double beat or something. That makes fine motor control tricky.

I decided to test my new invention today, and it gave me a perfect opportunity to adjust the sights on the Nylon 66. I ended up firing 35 rounds (shorts, single loaded) altogether. The windage target from Alabama F&G is a great tool! Unfortunately, it can't cure erratic heartbeats.


21 yards (measured)
sitting, no rest
single fire, CB shorts
group is 1.25 inches


The two on the left were heartbeat victims. Their direction probably indicates a leftward pull as I squeeze.

I know I got that groundhog the other day. I heard the thump and saw him flinch. And the crosshairs didn't move off him the whole time. I just can't find the body.

Oh, yeah. I was shooting right-handed. I'm still finding it tough to find the target quickly, but I'm adjusting.

3 comments: