Saturday, May 16, 2009

I Needed That Nap


I started about 10 AM, and finished just after 3 PM. Then I showered and took a nap.


The Jonathan


and the Golden Delicious


and the Rome. They have never set fruit so heavily before. I sprayed (petal fall) yesterday. Lord willing, we will have apples to eat in the fall.


Time to eat the lettuce now.


It goes good with eye of round. And some fresh asparagus. Washed down with a cold Bud. YUM!!


The tomatoes need to be turned loose soon.


This was yesterday's project. My Better Half started those boxwoods from cuttings. People just don't appreciate the planning and waiting she has put into this place. She dreams, and sometimes her dreams would be catastrophic if they met up with gravity. My job is to turn her dreams into workable plans, then make the plans work. Some of that has taken years. She has put up with the dirt and the inconvenience, all for the sake of seeing dreams come to life.


I love you, Violet.

3 comments:

  1. Can I have some of that Lettuce for my garden 1-2 plants????

    ReplyDelete
  2. You be a bit late. You can have some to eat. It is too big to transplant again. It was April 1st when I seeded the lettuce. I need to plant a second crop, which should be up in a few days. Then, about a week to transplant time. Maybe eatable toward the end of June.

    I should have seeded the second crop about 3 weeks ago.

    Come get some nibbles, Wabbit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You's a startin' to git yer own paradise there...

    -sonny boy

    ReplyDelete