Friday, August 10, 2007

Pole Position

I miss my fishing rod. I haven't seen it in about a year. At least a year. When I go fishing, I have to take my wife's rod.

Why is it such a big deal? Well, for one thing, I got the rod when I was a teenager. And the reel, too -- a Mitchell 300. Back in those days, a $20 reel represented a half week's pay. It is definitely an antique now, and I dislike the look of the new models.

Somebody said it might have been left down at Roger & Geri's. I have no idea. I miss my old friend.

2 comments:

  1. I understand your pain. Every time I take Suzi's rod and reel out fishing I end up wishing for mine. The rod has been replaced several times and the reel casing has to be carefully reassembled after doing minor fixes, but after years of fine tuning the reel is the heart of the fishing trip.

    ReplyDelete