Monday, May 17, 2010

Speedex S19 Project

It was time already to get the old Speedex out of the shed and get to work on restoring it.


It's a neat little tractor, with all kinds of real tractor features.


The Lawn Chief towed it to the top of the hill, flat front tires and all.


The front hitch point, where I hope to be able to attach the snow plow in winter.


The 8 horse Briggs 190407 engine, with its 12V electric starter. Mice packed the space behind the flywheel with maple seeds, and possibly messed up the wiring to the capacitor. I cleaned out as much as I could, added a new muffler, replaced the gas line, and drained and replaced the oil. Wouldn't start. No spark at all.


Here's the PTO linkage, in case I want to add a mower deck or use a sickle bar.


The rear hitch -- a sort of three-point arrangement. It is a manual lift, though. No hydraulics on this machine.


The gearbox and rear pulleys. These are terribly misaligned. But then, so are the front pulleys. Replacing and aligning the sheaves ought to be simple, and I'll need to create a replacement belt cover and battery cover. I've already straightened some of the sheet metal on the hood.

As this project moves forward, I'll post more pix of the progress. Main thing for right now is to get it running.

No comments:

Post a Comment