Saturday, December 19, 2009

Time Out

I decided to do something a little different for our anniversary this year so I booked a little get-away at the Deer Creek Bed and Breakfast in Litchfield. It s a nice place to relax : two-person jetted tub in the suite, hot tub and heated pool in the greenhouse. We opted not to use the hot tub or pool, and just stayed in the room. I ran some hot water in the tub, we got in, turned on the jets, and for about a half hour enjoyed the turbulence.

Hot water massage by candlelight, and a basket of snacks with a complimentary bottle of champagne for reserving the room by calling the owner directly rather than going through bedandbreakfast.com. Which happens to be a really terrible website -- it doesn't present the terms and conditions of use until after you start inputting your credit card info, and it won't let you print out a copy to keep. (Yeah, yeah, I know I could grab a screen shot but when I'm paying, I want to dictate the conditions.) So there I sat naked by the tub, eating Aldi potato chips and sipping pink champagne, while pondering the incongruity of it all. If you don't like the picture, change the channel.

In the morning they served us a great breakfast; grapefruit, coffee, I had eggs and bacon with fried red potatoes and toast whilst VJ had waffles.

Then we headed south to Lodi Station Outlets to purchase some intimate apparel, and finally further south to Mansfield for the Christmas get-together. Joonyah fried a turkey. It was good, but I have a feeling that deep-frying the bird in oil may leach out some of the embalming fluid the birds are basted with; I think that roasting them in the turkey bag keeps in the precious liqueurs.

And then home again. Good night.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you did something special to celebrate. We have a favorite Bed and Breakfast in Amish Country that we try to go to each year on our anniversary. God bless! Lilly

    ReplyDelete