Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Makes Sense to Me (Oh Yeah)

So Junior says to me that there is a networkable HP Color Laser printer for sale at Sam's for $198 and it comes with cartridges and will print 2000 pages which is cheaper than ink for his inkjet and I go check it out and for sure he is right but the little details are the most interesting because replacement toner cartridges in black yellow cyan and magenta cost just a hair under $300 so using a little math and some common sense you would buy the printer for $200 bucks and print the 2000 pages then save $100 by throwing the old printer away and buying a new one instead of buying refills and all I have to say is I want a chance to check out the USB/ethernet interface on the printer since there is a possibility I could patch it into my Laserjet 2100M and make it run faster and oh yeah I would want the 16 meg sims out of it as well just for curiositys sake and Im glad you enjoyed this information because look at all the punctuation I saved by not using it those keys on my keyboard might last longer now

6 comments:

  1. a buddy of mine at work buys cheap Lexmark printers, then when the ink runs out he throws them away and gets another because he says its cheaper than new ink cartridges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr. Hrubik,
    There seems to be a hole in your pocket. Sewing it up would keep the bills and coins in.

    Sincerely,
    Mrs. Webel

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a HP laserjet 6p which is only black and white...but I have only had to change the toner once in 3 years. I buy printers for work all the time. Overall, the laserjets are better printer quality (no dripping/smudging and are not as damaged when water gets on the paper) and cheaper in the long run. If you need more specs...I can dig up some for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They're all sold out, now. They had one left for about $170.00 last night, and it was the display. Must have been a clearance. Now I have to wait for the next sale.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love run-ons sentences like that too I try myself very often in fact to write them as long as I possibly can without breaks or interruptions just to see if I can do it because I am getting back at that Nun at Saint Kazimiers School who by the was has past on now so I’m not sure if you can technically call it getting back at her per say but it gives me a little bit of satisfaction when I put it up there with out one comma or semicolon sadly though I know nothing about printers so I can’t comment on that at all. lol

    ReplyDelete