Thursday, November 02, 2006

Straightening Out

Well, this morning I crawled out of the rack with minimal pain. I got down on my knees in thankfulness, and after spending some time there discussing all the world's problems with the Almighty, I stood up and went about my morning routine. It felt good to have only minor stiffness and twinges.

Last Friday morning I woke up with low back pain. I have no idea what caused it. No falls, no hard exertion. Saturday morning, when I woke and tried to get out of bed, I was hardly able to move. I limped around all day. Sunday was painful. Monday I had an appointment in Lodi; getting in and out of the car was torture. Tuesday the pain had diminished in the low back, but it was still not good. Yesterday, at 5 AM there was hardly any pain, but by 7AM it was really rough. Why? I have no idea. Did the occasional needle-like stabbing pain in the left kidney have anything to do with it? No idea.

Did it have any correlation to reading about Job? Should I be superstitious?

This morning, I got up, got going, shaved and showered (carefully, not trusting what I wasn't feeling) and headed out. It was wonderful to be able to lift my legs as high as my chest and not suffer.

Yippeee!!

1 comment: